Saturday, September 10, 2011

Getting started...

Hello and thank you for reading our new blog.  We are excited to take you through the journey my wife and I have experienced as well as what we are currently doing to stay fit.

This first post will be an explanation of the title of this blog..."For bodily exercise profiteth little..." 1 Timothy 4:8.

Here we go...

Back in college, I was what you could consider a "gym rat".  I would spend multiple hours in the gym lifting weights and looking in the mirror :-).  Some of my church friends would quote the scripture in 1 Timothy and tell me that I was spending too much time in the gym.  While I could not disagree with their advice, if you read between the lines in this scripture, you will see that bodily exercise does profit...and let me add...it definitely profits as you get older.

My fitness/health journey has taken me from 140 pounds to 270 pounds and back to a current 192 pounds...all this at about the same height of 5'11".  I will explain in more detail later in future posts.  Now at 35 years old, I am in the best shape of my life and look healthier that I ever have.

My wife will share a similar story as a mother of 2 beautiful children.

We have found that being "fit for life" takes Discovery, Dedication, and Discernment...The 3 Ds that we have coined on our fitness journey.  You will see posts on this blog from me and my wife regarding tips for getting in shape and staying fit.

Take care and stay tuned...Scott & Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. whispering..(I'm so excited about this!!!)

    "it definitely profits as you get older"....SO TRUE as my husband and I are finding out. :)

    ReplyDelete