Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Task

Hello there all!  Stephanie here and feeling a little unsure where to start, but here goes!

As Scott mentioned before, I have lost close to 70 pounds.  I could say that my beginnings with losing weight started about 2 1/2 years ago, but that wouldn't be all true.  Its just that this last leg of the journey has led me to a new way of looking at weight loss, exercise, eating, and overall healthiness.  I am one of the lucky people whose metabolism needs a jump start every morning just to get the cows rolling if you know what I mean!  The good thing is, my mom drilled into my head "you just gotta keep moving" and so I have.  Maybe not enough at times to warrant any type of effect, but I've tried to keep it moving just so that I never ended up with a huge weight problem.  I think Mom could see that if I didn't keep moving, that I could have been one of the obese kids who grows into an obese adult with some of the mental baggage that comes along with that.  Thankfully - I didn't have a lot of baggage to get rid of, but there definitely was some hiding in the closet - as I'm sure it is/was for you!

I'd like to preface some of what I say with the facts that I am not a trainer or am certified, (although those are definite thoughts that have been lurking in the back of my mind - just haven't taken shape yet), and so everything that I mention here in our blog is either from personal experience, or something I read somewhere or will need a "link" connecting back to a blog or source, because, let's just be real - I'm not an expert, but what I have done is working for me and can work for you too!  I'm not sure the exact direction that we are going for in this blog, except that, it is our desire to be able to help someone else along the way if only in a small way.

I have a just a leeettttlllle bit more experience with blogs than does my husband.  Some of my free time is spent "blog-stalking" and we have our own little family blog that has been sorely neglected since February of this year. So, I almost cracked up when he said "Hey - we should do a fitness blog.....do you think there's anything else out there like that?"  I just had to break his poor little bubble because there are so many wonderful blogs out in blog land - fitness, running, weight loss, body building, training, mom's losing weight, dad's losing weight, young people figuring it out, older people getting a new drive and kicking it - there is so much out there!  My blog roll is pretty long with all different types of blogs that I scan from day to day. Of course there are those whose blogs I check every day, and others that I check once a week.  Every day there is something new happening in someone else's experience that is very exciting.

So, in all of that, I hope that this bloggie doesn't bore you to tears.  We will get in a rhythm and know what our direction is.  This site can and will develop with time so hang with us!  If you have a question, you can email us at sandsteamfitness at gmail dot com or just leave us a comment of something you'd like to hear one of us talk about!

Stephanie

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you! Linking to your blog tomorrow, so you should get some visitors. Cuz you know I'm soooo famous in blogland. Not. LOL

    Scott, hopefully I don't drive you nuts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know why you picked "sandsteamfitness"? and does your email really have two T's in fitness?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind...I just figured it out...S & S Team Fitness ???

    I was like "Sand Steam?? Sands Team Fitness ??

    Please remember I was born a natural blonde - I can't help these moments. =)

    Scott, are you going nuts yet? *smirk*

    ReplyDelete