Monday, September 19, 2011

Well it's Monday!

And I hope you all had a GREAT weekend!  Stephanie here again just to check in and see how it's going.

We had a fairly low key weekend with not much going on.  I think we're gearing up for the coming weekend as it will be a fairly busy one with church activities, work issues, school and all that comes with every day life! 

Saturday is usually a day that we really try to set aside as "family time".  I know that in the future we may not be able to keep it as a family day, but for now, we really make it a priority.  My Saturday normally starts around 6:00 (I sleep in for a half hour!) when I can get up and do my daily Bible reading and prayer time before the kids get up.  After that I usually try to fit in my cardio "day" which normally is a run.  Due to our schedules, Saturday is the only day that I can run during the week.  (I know there's the whole jogging stroller thing, but that's for another post!) 

After that, we go to a little coffee shop here in our town for coffee and breakfast.  Now, our breakfast there used to look like this:
(Photo courtesy of http://hazybottom.blogspot.com )
Yep - you guessed it - homemade, delicious scones that are to die for!  What I would give for one of their White Chocolate Blueberry Scones.......heaven!  Well, unfortunately, those did not fit into the calorie budget, so now my breakfast looks like a Greek Yogurt Parfait.  Of course I bring it with me because I can guarantee my calorie count.  And it is my FAVORITE breakfast!

This last weekend we made a trip to our absolute favorite place........

Costco.jpg
(Ok don't tell me it's not your favorite place!)


.......where we picked up all of our major groceries for the next couple of weeks, ate lunch at the food court (Chicken Ceaser Salad w/out the croutons and a little dressing - AND frozen yogurt for dessert!) and then came home. 

I'll admit after a few hours of being home, the week started catching up with me and I started to shut down, physically and mentally, however, I was excited because Scott was able to go take a walk outside.  I know - that's not too exciting for some, but for him - it's awesome because his walk normally is inside on a treadmill at the gym.  Now, don't get me wrong - when he left I was upset because I was going to have to be with the kids by myself AGAIN, but after I started thinking about it - I was glad........so glad that I have a husband who cares about his health and wellness.  Glad that he can carve time out for himself without feeling guilty.  Glad that he is setting the example for me and for our kids of what a healthy life can look like. 

I will humbly admit that I still was a little grumpy when he came home, but not as much as if I had allowed myself to dwell on the fact that I was not having my own time away from the kids.  And don't worry - I got my down time......Scott played games with the kids for the rest of the evening so I got a chance to be alone for a few!

What I learned from this weekend?  Not everything goes the way we want it to, but if we focus on the good parts, the healthy parts, we can have a successful day anyway!

Hope you all had a tremendous weekend as well!  Here's to a healthy and productive week for all of us!

1 comment:

  1. We miss Costco!! *sniff*sniff*

    Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete